Friday, May 16, 2008

Inheritance


Everyman receives an inheritance from his father, regardless of his physical, emotional, or financial presence. Sometimes it is a great inheritance, one that leaves us feeling well endowed emotionally and relationally. Most of us though, never really take the time to assess our inheritance and in so doing, we fail to recognize the inheritance God- our heavenly father wants to give us- at least that is true for me.
My earthly father gave me:
rejection;
isolation;
absence;
a low self-esteem;
feelings of worthlessness;
insecurity;
pain;
sorrow;
friendlessness;
pride;
and FEAR!
My heavenly father though wants to give me another inheritance. He wants me to give to exchange the two.
He wants to give me:
acceptance;
community;
his presence;
value;
redemption;
assurance;
wisdom;
joy;
authentic relationships;
humility not to be confused with shame;
LOVE!

No comments: